Wargame Rules

BLOG BACKGROUND AND WARGAME RULES
I have set up this blog for my wargaming interests in the Muscovite-Tartar Wars, Reconquista Wars, the Barbary Coast Pirates, and the early campaigns of the Ottoman Turks and Saracens. Some lesser known crusades will also be covered. Miniatures are mainly 28mm with a growing collection in 54mm. If my photographs serve to encourage others to complete their collections I shall be pleased. I will also be mentioning other sites with interesting collections on the above. Do join the 'Friends' if you like what you see.

I prefer to use my own rules which are kept simple and involve eight-sided dice. These allow for fast results with various types of weaponry. Morale dominates my games.


Friday 9 June 2017

MORE MUSCOVITE ARTILLERY and TOWN GUARDS

Ive just completed two more artillery pieces and eight artillerymen for my Renaissance Muscovites. Many of the original crew have also been redistributed about the seven cannon. The multibarreled piece is a Hinchcliffe medieval model with renaissance wheels and 18th century limber horses. The large iron barrelled cannon is a Dixon 18th century model with renaissance wheels added. The Muscovite rulers were fair collectors of strange artillery weapons and I hope this has partly been recreated here, but expect some more for my earlier Medieval Muscovites. Also shown, is a small unit of town or provincial streltsy, I decided to use some cossacks for this battalion to distinguish them from the Moscow streltsy. MGB

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful job, painting and basing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, for the morale boost, I'm still clearing that pile of lead castings.
      Michael

      Delete
  2. Well done. These are first rate, and its nice to see Hinchliffe figures being used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robbie. With so many superb castings now available, I still like having some armies made up of 'classic' miniatures, and some in the Hinchcliffe renaissance range (particularly the higher code numbers) can also hold their own despite their age. I'm about to paint up another 18 Boyar cavalry and they are excellent castings.
      Michael

      Delete
  3. Those look great Michael love seeing your collections grow.

    Best

    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats kind of you Willie. They're not on the same level as some of the medieval armies in your own collection, but I am enjoying this Muscovite project, using a range of classic figures for the most part.
      Michael

      Delete
  4. Muscovites always look so formidable! Nice guns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes John, something quite exotic about the Muscovites, particularly their armoured cavalry.
      Michael

      Delete